Detect leaks in your water supply, to avoid:
- Damages from leaking water.
- Water waste.
By detecting small leaks early, you avoid damaging your building, and maybe even find the leak on time to fix it by non-intrusive methods like epoxy lining.
- Leak alarm: The leak alarm works by monitoring if the water consumption goes to zero at least once a day. We can detect leaks from about one drop per second, corresponding to four liter per day.
- Missing flow: If it is difficult to identify flow in the pipe, the alarm is not expected to be sensitive, and you will therefore be warned. Alarms are still raised if they are detected. Missing flow can be due to a sensor installation failure, or because the temperature of the water in the pipe is close to the temperature of the surrounding air, which makes the alarm less sensitive.
- Missing data: If there has been data drop out, big enough to make the leak detection invalid, no (false) alarms will be generated, and you will be warned.
The alarms are calculated once a day, at 6 a.m. UTC time.
- Configurations: the included alarms are added automatically if you select the unit type "water pipe" when the unit is registered on the ReMoni portal. No other configurations are needed.
- Sensors used: FlowMoni Spot
- Installation: see installation instructions under FlowMoni Spot
A leak alarm is raised, but you doubt it is true:
- Take a look and see if a toilet is running or a tap is dripping. If so, it might be you leak, and a good thing is to avoid spilling water, and enable monitoring of more harmful leaks.
- Try to close the main valve, and see if the temperature of reading of the pipe gets close to the temperature reading of the surrounding air. Default is that a leak is expected if the temperature reading of the pipe never gets within three degree Celsius of the reading of the surrounding air.
Note: Please remember that no surveillance is perfect in all cases: it means that in rare cases, the system might not identify a leak, and in in some rare cases, it will warn you even when no leak is present.